- We are still waiting for Verizon to start installing Fios. No one knows when installation will begin.
- The roof repair on 1311 is nearly complete. Most of the repair was done in 2-3 days.
- Pruning of tree branches, particularly dead branches over the parking lot of 1301, is underway.
- The Board approved re-engagement of auditor. Cost is $2,500 for auditing of annual accounts, $350 for tax return, and $75 administrative fee
- A sewer backup in building 1309, along with one earlier this summer in 1307, makes clear the importance of seriously addressing this problem. The Board has decided to hydrojet all the sewer lines. Moreover, this will be done annually. The cost is a few thousand dollars per year. Arlington County has recently highlighted that pouring fats, oils, and grease (FOG) down drains clogs county sewer lines. Pour grease into a can, let it solidify, and then throw out the can. This will decrease the probability of sewer disasters in Westmoreland and across Arlington County.
- Westmoreland is still waiting for repair of the parking lot resurfacing. No money has yet been paid for the resurfacing, and no money will be paid until the problems with the resurfacing are fixed.
- A resident sought approval to install an exhaust vent. Approval is regularly granting once necessary arrangements have been made with the contractor to make the modification in accordance with condo standards.
The next regularly scheduled Condo Board meeting is Monday, Nov. 23, at 7pm.