- Two exterior lights on building 1322, dumpster side, are remaining on during the day. Maintenance will investigate and fix if necessary.
- Benches in the courtyard of 1307 and 1306 will be moved back to their original position on the concrete near the newly remodeled canopy.
- Under government financial regulations, Westmoreland Terrace Condominiums is not permitted to invest its cash reserves in the stock market or other risky assets. Westmoreland Terrace assets are in low-risk, government-insured instruments. In the past that might have looked like lost opportunities, but now we might all be grateful for this bit of financial regulation.
- The yearly landscaping contract was renewed. Cost rose 5% to $27,060 for the March to Dec. contract.
- The snow removal contract was renewed.
- The downscuppers for 1336 seem to have taken care of roof leak problems in that building, and the roof in 1301 appears to be holding up well. Some discussion about whether to seek an estimate for roof repair next year. Emphasizing the importance of preventive maintenance, Board decided to seek an estimate.
- Westmoreland has gorgeous trees. Some lichen or moss is appearing on some of them. A tree maintenance contract could cost $10,000 to $15,000, but might be necessary. Decided to seek evaluation and estimate.
- The idea of having a Westmoreland-wide yard sale will be considered this spring.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Westmoreland Condo meeting
At the Westmoreland Terrace Condo board meeting on Monday, Oct. 27, items discussed and actions decided included: