Tuesday, April 8, 2014

light voter turnout shows need for public to be informed

John Vihstadt won today's County Board special election with a voter turnout that was only 16% of registered voters.  That's ridiculous.  Would the other 84% of registered voters prefer to live under a hereditary monarchy?  Probably not.

The fundamental problem is that not enough persons are staying informed about local news.  The rise of tabloid journalism and celebrity news spread through Facebook and other new media is distracting the public from quality news.  Help save our democracy by encouraging your friends to read the Ode Street Tribune. 

No comments: