Additional improvements in the currently preferred plan include:
- bridge sidewalks will be widened
- single-lane counterflow street next to Gateway Park will be eliminated
- intersections with the access roads to and from Rt. 50 will be made more rectangular
- one of the two southbound through lanes on the bridge will be eliminated
- colored bicycle lanes (indicating extra caution) will be painted across the bridge
Cliff Garten, the artist designing Rosslyn's luminous bodies corridor of light, attended the meeting. He described his concern to respect and honor a path to the Iwo Jima Memorial. The installation of light sculptures on the south end of the bridge has generated some heated concern. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial was also highly controversial. Expect Rosslyn with its luminous bodies to attract more tourists than that now-celebrated memorial does.